You’ll just be surprised how good black currants are. They can help your health in many ways. Read below to find out more:
1. Taking good care of your cardiovascular system becomes much easier with regular consumption of blackcurrant. They are rich in flavonoids, a polyphenolic compound with excellent antioxidant properties, which prevent the formation of deposits (highly toxic substances) on the inner walls of blood vessels. This results in a more fluid blood flow through the circular system.
2. Blackcurrants are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are also excellent for promoting your heart health. These essential fatty acids are able to simultaneously lower the level of low density lipoprotein (LDL) or “bad cholesterol” and increase the amount of high density lipoprotein (HDL) or “good cholesterol” in your bloodstream . As a result, no cholesterol is deposited in your arteries and blood pressure remains under control. In addition, it saves you from a number of deadly cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, heart block, heart attack, etc.
3. Several studies have shown that black currents possess important anti-carcinogenic properties. This is because they contain a lot of antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, etc. The antioxidant content of these berries is as high as 7,950 Trolex (each serving of 100 grams), which is deemed to be its Oxygen Radiation Absorption Absorption (ORAC) value. As a result, your body releases harmful free radicals and can stay away from cancer.
4. The presence of vitamin C antioxidant in blackcurrant makes it an excellent immune stimulant. When your immune system gets stronger, you do not become vulnerable to cold, fever, and infections.
5. Vitamin C and other antioxidants found in blackcurrants are also known to stop premature aging.
6. Blackcurrants have excellent antibacterial properties because they are loaded with two chemical compounds – tannin and anthocyanin. Both can prevent the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract.
7. The use of black currant as a sharpener is also very popular. In addition to antioxidants, iron in berries plays an important role. It increases the supply of oxygen to your brain, improving your memory to a great extent.
8. These small black berries are considered to be great iron resources and can contribute to the formation of red blood cells.
9. Blackcurrant can prevent gastrointestinal and cardiovascular inflammation due to the presence of antioxidants, tannins and phytonutrients.
10. The vitamin A content of black currents is helpful in maintaining the health of your eyes. It helps you avoid vision loss by increasing your sight and visual power.